I never get headaches. But I have a headache. It could be residuals from my cold that I'm still battling off. Or it could be from staring at the computer screen too long. Maybe I need to get myself an iPad? They were released in Canada today and my friend Michael got one, and I touched it and it was pretty cool.
At first I didn't think all that much about them. I mean, aren't they just glorified iTouches? Why does anyone need one of these things? Then someone mentioned "old people" to me and how awesome it would be for them to use. It got me thinking, because I did try to get my mom to use my computer and it was a tough call trying to explain to her how a mouse worked. With the iPad, the information and technology is literally at her fingertips. If she wants to read Chinese newspapers online, just press this and scroll. If she wants to play games, just press this. Etcetera, etcetera.... I'm still contemplating it, but what are your thoughts on the iPad? I think it might be good for my mom...
So back to my headache.
It's the new coworker. I literally wanted to scream today. He was staring at my screen and commenting on what I was watching (videos of kittens on YouTube, of course).
Today he blabbered on to me about the following:
* Lexmark being owned by IBM
* the cost per page of printing
* his wife's spa and hot tub store
* his house getting flooded by his dishwasher
* the guy who came over to fix the dishwasher and how he wouldn't stop talking (!!!)
* the weather in Blaine
* his photos of Arizona
* how he worked at this bank late at night and people were held up at knifepoint
* how he worked at this other bank and the carpenter working on the teller stations set off the silent alarm and got arrested
* his 25 year old daughter's cell phone plan
That's just the tip of the iceberg of what I was having to sit through today and either acknowledge or ignore. Either way, it was still coming at me.
Then he tried to help me out with an issue I was having with trying to install a software program. He basically doubled my efforts and kept asking me what the error message was that I was getting and if I'd already researched on this site and blah blah FUCKING BLAH.