Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Texts From The Guy

The Guy has sent me texts sporadically over the past while. It'll pop up at the most inopportune times, like when I'm at the symphony or possibly when I'm driving. And it's random stuff. Sometimes it's just to say hi. Sometimes it's a "hope you have a great day" text.

I don't go for the bait, like I once did. I offer him the bare minimum instead, since that's what he gave me the past several years. I reply with a "Hi" or when he goes on about reading an article about some writer, I'll just say, "Ok" and let it go. Cause really, what are you doing? Why are you texting me this shit? I guess maybe he misses me? Or he misses my help with the things I used to do for him?

Anyway, today he messaged and asked if he could see me on the weekend. I warned him of my Movember moustache I'm currently sporting, but tentatively our meeting is set. So, we'll see what he wants. He claims he just wants to hang out, but I just have a feeling there's an alterior motive with him, like he wants me to help him with one of his projects again.

However, I'm not even holding my breath for this one. I mean, it is Grey Cup weekend and I'll be busy partying it down with my football freaks, right? Yeah, so we'll see if this "meeting" even comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment