Sunday, January 15, 2012

TV: American Horror Story

This past fall, I was obsessed with the FX show American Horror Story. It was by far my favourite new show of the season! I thought I had blogged about it, but I can't find any entries on it, so here I am late. But the season was short, it's now over, so if you didn't get a chance to watch it, then you MUST!



From the creators of Glee, (I KNOW RIGHT?, WHO KNEW?) this horror/drama was filled with camp and hotness and twists and turns that rivaled LOST. So, that said, I was hooked from the get-go, even though I am not a fan of horror.

It stars Connie Britton, fresh from her turn as sunny Tammi Taylor on Friday Night Lights, y'all. This couldn't be further from her doting mother/loving wife character there. It also stars Dylan McDermott, whom I never really noticed as I didn't ever watch him on The Practice. However, he's got my full attention now! Does he have yours?




Six Feet Under
's Frances Conroy (Ruth) pops up here as a slutty maid. Don't ask! Just watch! That was a very sweet surprise, as was Zachary Quinto's turn as the previous gay homeowner of this haunted mansion where our story takes place.



What seals the deal though, is Jessica Lange. She plays Constance, the insane next door neighbour who drinks and smokes for breakfast and has a razor sharp tongue, aimed at everyone, from her 20-something year old boy toy to her own daughter with Downe's. Constance is absolutely delicious to watch. Upon finding someone who has hung himself, she lights up a cigarette, crosses her arms and says, "You stupid bastard." Amazing!

Yes, I loved this show and can't wait for Season 2, though I hear there's gonna be a few changes... Season 1 was brilliant, and American Horror Story is the best show from this past fall's TV schedule!!

No comments:

Post a Comment